A Good Lion
Who Would Make A Good Lion?
A good member in a Lions Club should:
- Want to serve others.
- Enjoy serving with others.
- Have time to attend most club meetings and participate actively.
- Must enjoy teamwork. Be able to receive and give help and advice.
- Be able to encourage others in their Lionistic Endeavours.
- Be of generous spirit and forgiving nature.
- Be liberal with praise and economic with Criticism.
General Guidelines to Introduce a New Member to our Club
- A member proposing to introduce a new member to the club must first consult the membership chairman in respect of his proposal for potential member.
- Membership Chairman through the secretary will have to circulate email to all members with a brief bio data of the proposed new member. A minimum of 7 days notice must be given to members for them to reply if they have any objection or any detrimental information on the potential new member.
- If there is no objection or detrimental information then the proposer will have to invite the potential new member to the first available business meeting.
- Once the potential new member has attended ONE business meetings the membership chairman will seek from the proposer reconfirmation that the proposed new member is ready and willing to become a member.
- Atthisstage Membership Chairmanwillemail/ postthe Application form to the proposer for its completion by the potential new member.
- As soon as the Membership Chairman has received the completed application form he will then pass it to the BOD for its approval and advising the date for the potential new memberís induction ceremony.